Shrimp & Avocado French Bread Pizza
- french bread loaf
- 3/4 lb
- shrimp, cleaned and diced
- 3/4 c
- pico de gallo
- 2 large
- 2 c
- fresh basil, cut into strips
- 1/2 Tbsp
- ea. fresh oregano & thyme, chopped
- 1 c
- ea. mozzarella & cheddar cheese, shredded
- olive oil
How to Make Shrimp & Avocado French Bread Pizza
- 1Split french bread in half lengthwise. Using a pastry brush, brush each half with olive oil.
- 2Take several basil leaves and roll them up like a cigar. Slice vertically into strips.
- 3Spray lg skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Saute shrimp, Pico de Gallo, and 1/2 cup basil strips for about 4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- 4Sprinkle oregano, thyme and the other 1 1/2 cups of basil strips onto both halves of bread.
- 5Divide avocado slices evenly and place on each half of bread. Spoon shrimp mixture over avocado.
- 6Top first with cheddar, and then mozzarella, and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut each h half into 6 pieces.
Note: Great served with a green salad.