Quick Pizza Crust
How to Make Quick Pizza Crust
- Combine yeast, salt and 1 cup cake flour in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine water and oil and heat in microwave or on stove top to 120° to 130°. (Liquid should be very warm but not too hot to touch.)
- Combine dry and wet mixtures and beat on low speed of mixer until combined. Beat for 2 or 3 minutes on medium. Gradually add rest of flour. When you each the point that you can no longer us the mixer, finish adding the flour by hand.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, appx. 5 minutes.
- Divide into two balls and place in oiled bowls. Cover and let dough rest in warm area for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Press each half into a greased 10 to 12-inch pizza pan that's been dusted with cornmeal.
- Pre-bake crust at 400°for 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and add sauce and toppings.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Notes: For whole wheat crust, substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour. One of the balls of dough can be frozen for later use. Thaw entirely and allow to double in size and pick up instructions from pressing it into the pizza pan.