BACON CHEESEBURGER SHEET PAN PIZZA
- 1 lb
- smoked sliced bacon
- 1 Tbsp
- reserved bacon grease
- 1 large
- onion, peeled and chopped or diced
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef chuck
- 1/8 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 jar(s)
- (14 oz.) pizza sauce or 14 oz. of your favorite plain sauce recipe
- prepared yellow mustard (in squeeze bottle)
- 1 c
- (heaping) dill pickle slices, drained & squeezed dry with paper towels
- 2 c
- freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- freshly shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 pkg
- pizza crust mix, your favorite (enough mix for 2 regular pizzas) or dough for 2 regular pizzas from your favorite recipe
- warm water called for on crust mix package
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 or 2 tsp
- plain cornmeal (optional)
How to Make BACON CHEESEBURGER SHEET PAN PIZZA
- 8Generously grease an 18"x13" sheet pan with olive oil. (Occasionally, I'll sprinkle a teaspoon of plain cornmeal evenly over the oil to help prevent sticking.)
- 9After dough has rested for time required by package instructions, fold dough over onto itself 3 or 4 times; shape dough into a ball and place on prepared sheet pan.
- 10Pat and stretch dough out to to completely cover bottom of pan and slightly up the sides and corners (this takes some time and patience as it may want to snap back; keep at it, it will eventually behave.)
- 12Place oven rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 18Evenly distribute beef and onion mixture over top.
- 20Bake on lowest rack at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes, rotating after first 10 minutes.
- 24Cover and refrigerate leftovers.