☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil- plus more for brushing
- 1/2 lb
- prepared pizza dough
- 1/3 c
- plus 2 tablespoons dark barbeque sauce
- 1- 8oz. oz
- skinless, boneless chicken breast
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 c
- grated smoked gouda cheese
- 2/3 c
- grated part-skim mozarella cheese
- 1/2 small
- red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro for topping
How to Make Almost-Famous Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- 1Brush a large bowl with olive oil. Shape the pizza dough into a ball, add it to the bowl and turn to coat with the oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place, 30-40 minutes.
- 2Position racks in the upper third and middle of the oven. Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the top rack and preheat the oven to 425 degrees for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, lay out a sheet of parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Transfer the ball of dough to the parchment and roll it out into a 10-inch round, stretching it with your hands as needed. Lightly brush the dough with olive oil, cover with another piece of parchment and set aside to let rise slightly, about 30 minutes.
- 4While the dough rises, mix 2 Tablespoons barbeque sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbeque sauce mixture. Bake on the middle oven rack until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 5Uncover the dough and spread with the remaining 1/3 cup barbeque sauce, leaving a 3/4 inch border. Top with the chicken, gouda, mozarella and red onion. Slide the pizza onto a pizza peel or another inverted baking sheet, then slide onto the hot stone or baking sheet; bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.