You can skip the step to sauté the spaghetti in the garlic flavored olive oil,I do it for flavor as pasta is bland when you don't cook the pasta in the sauce.Or you can cook the pasta in the sauce a few minutes,then top with Parmesan.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- olive oil
- 1 c onions,chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper,chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper,chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms,sliced
- 2 small zucchini,sliced
- 6 garlic cloves,crushed
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 c black olives,chopped coarsely
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 c can or fresh tomatoes,diced
- 28 oz. can tomato sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes,to taste
- salt,black pepper,dried basil and oregano,to taste
- fresh parsley,chopped
- 3 garlic cloves,sliced thin
- parmesan cheese,freshly grated
How to Make Vegetable Spaghetti
- 1Heat olive oil in a skillet,sauté onions,bell peppers,zucchini and mushrooms until soft.Add garlic and anchovies and sauté a few minutes,breaking up the anchovies until melted.Add tomatoes,tomato sauce,crushed red pepper flakes,oregano,basil,garlic powder and parsley,simmer 30 minutes or until tomatoes and onions have disintergrated into sauce. Taste for seasoning.
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.In a skillet sauté garlic in olive oil,add pasta and coat with oil,season with salt and pepper,add a small amount of sauce and cook pasta a minute or so,plate pasta,top with additional sauce,sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.