Tracy's Spaghetti Meat Sauce
Hunts gives a more deep rich tomato flavor.
DelMonte creates a sweeter sauce.
Adding the herbs to the TOP of the sauce as it simmers pulls the natural oils from them and I think adds a better flavor than mixing them into the sauce from the beginning, which can turn them bitter.
I LOVE adding canned mushrooms to my sauce but I have family members who pick them out..not cool.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3 lbground beef
1 Tbspminced garlic
1 can(s)hunts delmonte spaghetti sauce
1 can(s)delmonte spaghetti sauce
1 tspitalian herbs (or just oregano) per lb of ground meat used
·at least 1 lb spaghetti pasta..more if you like
How to Make Tracy's Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- Crumble ground beef into skillet.
Add Garlic and 1 Tblsp salt
Brown on medium high heat.
- Diced onion and green pepper and add to the pot while the meat browns.
When vegies are done to your liking and meat is browned..Reduce heat to medium-low
- Add mushrooms if you plan to.
- Add spaghetti sauce and stir to combine.
Bring to a bubble then ..
Turn down heat to simmer
- Add italian seasoning across the top but do not stir into the sauce just yet.
Cover with lid and simmer on low while you cook and drain the spaghetti pasta.
- When your pasta is drained and ready,add a bit of oil or butter and stir to cover the noodles.
Uncover sauce and stir to combine oils from the herbs into the sauce.
- Don't mix the sauce and the pasta together..serve seperate so ppl can add as much or as little sauce as they like.