Three Cheese Hazelnut Pasta
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbfettuccine pasta
1/2 cdry white wine
2 cheavy cream
1 Tbspunsalted butter
1 tspminced shallot
1 1/2 cchicken stock or broth
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
3/4 cgrated tillamook cheddard cheese
1/3 cgrated fontina cheese
1/2 chazelnuts, toasted (skins left on or off)
·fresh ground black pepper
How to Make Three Cheese Hazelnut Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat, saute shallot for about 2 minutes; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream, wine, chicken stock, shallots and any residual butter. Cook over medium heat until it reduces a bit and begins to thicken, but bear in mind you still are going to be adding the cheeses.
- Whisk in the cheeses and heat until they melt and you've got a smooth sauce. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Fold in half the hazelnuts. Transfer the pasta to a serving platter or bowl and top with the remaining hazelnuts and serve.