Swiss Style Pasta and Bacon
- 1/3 c
- sliced shallot
- 10 oz
- medium sized pasta
- 2 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 3 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- 3 oz
- genuine swiss cheese
- 6 slice
- bacon, crisp-cooked, crumbled
How to Make Swiss Style Pasta and Bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F
Lightly grease a 12 × 8-inch baking pan; set aside.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
Drain in colander; set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, lightly saute the shallots until softened in just enough butter to keep them from sticking to the pan, set aside.
- 4Whisk together milk, flour, mustard, salt and pepper in large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove skillet from heat; add shallots, Swiss cheese and whisk until smooth.
- 6Place the pasta in bottom of prepared pan.
Pour sauce evenly pasta.
- 7Bake until almost heated through, about 20 minutes and top with the crumbled bacon.
Heat for another 2-4 mins and remove from oven, serve hot.