Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Rolls
Blue Ribbon Recipe
OK ... let's start with the cheese mixture. It includes some of my favorite cheeses and they taste so good together. Then there is the spinach and artichoke and the Italian sausage. Oh my, how can you go wrong?! This one will be a big hit around your dinner table. The Test Kitchen
1 pkglasagna noodles, cooked
1 lbground italian sausage (can be omitted for vegetarian)
2 bag(s)"fresh express (brand)" baby spinach (about 8 cups fresh)
2 cartichoke hearts frozen or canned
1 cmozzarella cheese
1 cprovolone cheese
1 cromano cheese, grated
1 casiago cheese, grated
1 cparmesan cheese
24 ozcottage cheese, small curd
15 ozricotta cheese
1 jar(s)alfredo sauce (or homemade)
5 clovefresh minced garlic (or more depending on your taste)
2 tspgarlic powder
2 tspparsley (fresh is best)
·salt (amount depends on taste)
13x9glass baking pan
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Rolls
- Cook lasagna noodles. When done, lay out flat on a sheet to prevent them from sticking together while preparing.
- While noodles are cooking, brown sausage. Drain then set aside.
*omit sausage or use vegetarian sausage*
- Add garlic and spinach in a pot, frying pan or whatever you have able to go on the stove and hold all of the spinach . Cover with a lid and cook on low until they begin to wilt.
- Slice or chop artichoke and add them to the just wilting spinach, and cook until hot. Stir in drained Italian sausage. *Do not over cook. The fresh spinach will become mushy and yuck!*
- Mix all the shredded cheese in a bowl.(NOTE: I commonly useSargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian which has Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan and Fontina, Romano and aged Asiago. 3 two cup bags) Remove about 1 cup for topping. Mix all the other cheeses, garlic powder, and parsley in the bowl with the shredded cheese. If you do not use cottage cheese, use more ricotta.
- Pour some alfredo sauce on the bottom of your baking. Just enough to cover it.
- Take one noodle at a time and spread the cheese mixture on the noodle, then sprinkle the sausage, spinach, artichoke mixture on the cheese.
- Roll the noodle, and place it in your baking dish. (this can also be set up in traditional lasagna fashion. I personally prefer this method, because it provides more density of noodles in one serving)
- After your baking dish is full pour Alfredo sauce over the top, Be sure all the noodles are well covered.
- Sprinkle the saved shredded cheese on the top and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 mins or until the cheese is bubbly. (We like the cheese golden brown)