Spaghetti with Beans
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 9 oz. can of red beans – drained
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- ½ cup of italian parsley – chopped
- 2 stalks of celery – chopped
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- 1 lb. of your favorite spaghetti
How to Make Spaghetti with Beans
- 1Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the celery and garlic and sauté for a minute or two.
Add the chicken broth, the beans, half of the parsley and the seasonings and simmer on low.
Prepare the spaghetti as directed.
When the spaghetti is cooked, gently lift into the frying pan.
Mix the lemon juice with a tablespoon or two of olive oil, extra red pepper flakes and toss into the spaghetti along with the other half of the parsley and grated cheese.