☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 csemolina flour
12 ozgoat cheese
2 tspground pink peppercorns
3 Tbspchopped fresh basil
1/3 cblood orange infused olive oil
8 cloveminced garlic
1 croasted red peppers
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
2 cfresh spinach
3andouille sausage links - cut into discs
How to Make Spaghetti Autumn
- Make the pasta dough by creating a pile of the 3 cups semolina flour, create a well in the center then add the salt and the eggs. Whisk the eggs with a fork then begin to combine the flour, salt and eggs until a dough ball is formed. Knead several minutes until dough is smooth. If the dough is too dry add small amounts (1 tablespoon or less) of water at a time then continue to knead until dough is tacky. Wrap in cellophane and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested roll out to about 1/8 inch, thin enough to feed through the thickest setting of a pasta machine. Cut the dough into 3-4 inch wide pieces then begin feeding each piece through the pasta machine on the thickest setting. Continue to thin the pasta by feeding through all settings until 2nd or 3rd thinnest. This will give a spaghetti-type thickness. Once the pasta has been thinned begin to cut the sheets with the spaghetti setting on the pasta machine. Let pasta dry a few minutes by either hanging on a pasta drying rack or another hanging device (chair, oven handle, etc.)
- Combine goat cheese, ground peppercorns and fresh basil in a bowl. Mix until smooth, set aside.
Cook the Andouille sausage links in a pan until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan then slice into thin discs. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water 4-5 minutes. Drain and pour into a large mixing or serving bowl.
- Add olive oil and garlic to a sauté pan and cook on medium until the garlic begins to soften. Add roasted red peppers, sausage discs, Italian seasoning and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add spinach and let cook down until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove sauté pan from stove and pour all contents into spaghetti bowl. Toss spaghetti with mixture until fully incorporated.
Top spaghetti with goat cheese mixture and serve.