Skinny Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 ozwhole wheat pasta
12 ozbroccoli florets
1/4 cfreshly minced onion
2 cfat-free milk
1 clow-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
8 ozreduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbspgrated parmesan
1/4 cpanko bread crumbs
How to Make Skinny Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and broccoli together; cook according to pasta’s package directions for al dente.
- In a large skillet set to medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook another minute. Whisk in milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook sauce about 5 minutes, or until smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat. Add cheddar, stirring until well blended. Add pasta and broccoli; mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with grated parmesan and breadcrumbs. Lightly coat top with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then broil for 2-4 minutes to get the breadcrumbs golden.