1 lb.frankfurters, cut in half diagonally (*see note)
1/2 cupchopped onions
1/2 tsp.dried basil (or) dried oregano leaves, crushed
2 tablesp.butter (or) margarine
1 can(10-3/4 oz.) cream of celery soup (or) cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cupchopped (canned) tomatoes, drained from the can
2 cupsalready cooked, wide egg noodles
1 tablesp.dried parsley
How to Make Skillet Franks 'N Noodles
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
- Add the frankfurters, onion, and the dried basil or oregano to the skillet.
- Lightly brown the franks, and cook until onions are tender.
- Add the soup, milk and tomatoes; stir until well mixed and heated through.
- Add the cooked noodles, and finish heating; stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley on top just before serving.
- *Note: You can substitute hot dogs for the franks in this recipe.