Shrimp and Pasta
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·8 ounces of pasta, cooked and drained
·¼ cup unsalted butter
·1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
·1 tablespoon garlic, minced
·1 cup of half and half
·¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
·1 teaspoon dried basil or ¼ cup of freshly chopped basil
·¼ teaspoon black pepper
·¼ teaspoon salt
How to Make Shrimp and Pasta
- In a large skillet, heat the butter.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the skillet and Sauté for 4 minutes. after 4 minutes, remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add the half and half to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is al-dente.
- After cooking the half and half for 15 minutes, add the shrimp, cheese, basil, pepper, and salt. Cook a minute or two to heat through. Note: if the sauce seems a little thin to your liking, stir in a little arrowroot to thicken it up.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add the pasta. Toss to mix; serve.