1 1/2 lbground beef
1/2 lbsweet italian sausage, casings removed
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
132 oz. container ricotta cheese
1/2 cparmesan and romano shredded/grated cheese blend, divided
1extra-large jar spaghetti sauce (67 oz., your favorite)
1 1/4 pkgoven-ready lasagna noodles (or cooked)
1 1/2 lbshredded whole milk mozzarella cheese (self-shredded)
How to Make SHORTCUT LASAGNA
- Lightly spray a 9"x13" or 10"x14" glass casserole dish with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and Italian sausage then drain well and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup ricotta and mix thoroughly.
- Add remaining ricotta, salt and 1/4 cup parmesan romano cheese, mix well and set aside.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Evenly spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared dish.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining spaghetti sauce and browned meat.
- Place one layer of lasagna noodles in the dish and evenly spread with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- Dollop, and then carefully spread on top of the mozzarella, 1/3 of the meat sauce.
- Repeat layering (noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, meat sauce) until there are 3 complete layers (ending with meat sauce.)
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan romano cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
- May be assembled ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. All or part may be frozen, after baked and cooled, wrapped in plastic wrap and freezer paper.