- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 lb
- sweet italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 32 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- parmesan and romano shredded/grated cheese blend, divided
- extra-large jar spaghetti sauce (67 oz., your favorite)
- 1 1/4 pkg
- oven-ready lasagna noodles (or cooked)
- 1 1/2 lb
- shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese (self-shredded)
How to Make SHORTCUT LASAGNA
- 1Lightly spray a 9"x13" or 10"x14" glass casserole dish with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- 2In large skillet, brown ground beef and Italian sausage then drain well and set aside.
- 3In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- 4Add 1 cup ricotta and mix thoroughly.
- 5Add remaining ricotta, salt and 1/4 cup parmesan romano cheese, mix well and set aside.
- 6Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7Evenly spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared dish.
- 8In a large bowl, combine remaining spaghetti sauce and browned meat.
- 9Place one layer of lasagna noodles in the dish and evenly spread with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture.
- 10Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- 11Dollop, and then carefully spread on top of the mozzarella, 1/3 of the meat sauce.
- 12Repeat layering (noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, meat sauce) until there are 3 complete layers (ending with meat sauce.)
- 13Sprinkle with remaining parmesan romano cheese.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- 16Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
- 17May be assembled ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. All or part may be frozen, after baked and cooled, wrapped in plastic wrap and freezer paper.