☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
9 ozpkg refrigerated three cheese tortellini
2 Tbspolive oil, divided
3 Tbspbutter, divided
1 cmarinara sauce
1/3 croasted garlic alfredo sauce
1/2 croasted red peppers, from a jar, chopped
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1 Tbsp(approx 5 slices)pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
4 largefresh scallops, foot muscle removed
1/3 lbraw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
1/2 smallyellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
1/2` smallzucchini squash, quartered and sliced
2 Tbspchopped fresh basil.
How to Make Seafood Vesuvius
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp of the olive oil to the boiling water. Stir frequently to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- Reduce heat and boil pasta gently for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Drain. Return pasta to pan along with 1 tbsp of the butter. Stir. Cover and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, combine Marinara Sauce and next five ingredients (Alfredo sauce, roasted red peppers, cayenne and Jalapeno slices) in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
Pour sauce into a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Melt remaining butter in a medium skillet over high heat. Place scallops into skillet. Add Shrimp. Saute Scallops and raw shrimp in butter 1-2 minutes. Turn Scallops over and cook another one in a half minutes. Check for done ness and remove scallops if opaque in center. Add chopped zucchini and yellow squash and cook 1-2 minutes more or until shrimp are almost cooked through. Pour sauce over shrimp and vegetables, Nestle scallops in sauce and heat through just until hot – should take less than a minute.
- Divide pasta evenly between two bowls. Top with Seafood sauce and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve immediately.