☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 9 oz
- pkg refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1 c
- marinara sauce
- 1/3 c
- roasted garlic alfredo sauce
- 1/2 c
- roasted red peppers, from a jar, chopped
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- (approx 5 slices)pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 4 large
- fresh scallops, foot muscle removed
- 1/3 lb
- raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 1/2 small
- yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1/2` small
- zucchini squash, quartered and sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil.
How to Make Seafood Vesuvius
- 1In a large saucepan, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp of the olive oil to the boiling water. Stir frequently to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- 2Reduce heat and boil pasta gently for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Drain. Return pasta to pan along with 1 tbsp of the butter. Stir. Cover and keep warm.
- 3While pasta is cooking, combine Marinara Sauce and next five ingredients (Alfredo sauce, roasted red peppers, cayenne and Jalapeno slices) in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
Pour sauce into a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring often to prevent burning.
- 4Melt remaining butter in a medium skillet over high heat. Place scallops into skillet. Add Shrimp. Saute Scallops and raw shrimp in butter 1-2 minutes. Turn Scallops over and cook another one in a half minutes. Check for done ness and remove scallops if opaque in center. Add chopped zucchini and yellow squash and cook 1-2 minutes more or until shrimp are almost cooked through. Pour sauce over shrimp and vegetables, Nestle scallops in sauce and heat through just until hot – should take less than a minute.
- 5Divide pasta evenly between two bowls. Top with Seafood sauce and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve immediately.