Seafood and Tortellini in Cream Sauce
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen cheese tortellini, cooked & drained
- 1 lb
- raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 pkg
- imitation crabmeat
- 1/2 stick
- 3 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- diced onion
- 1/2 c
- frozen english peas
- 2 c
- colby jack blended shredded cheese
How to Make Seafood and Tortellini in Cream Sauce
- 1Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, melt half of the butter in pan and cook shrimp and diced onion, just until onions are tender and shrimp is pink. Remove shrimp & onions to a warm plate, reserving pan drippings.
- 2Add more butter to pan, melt and add flour whisking until well blended with butter. Gradually pour in milk, whisking constantly. Add parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- 3Combine all ingredients in a pan except the colby-jack cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- 4Sprinkle with colby jack and heat just until the cheese is melted. Serve with crusty garlic bread.