Sausage and Artichoke Bolognese
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 ozjar roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
2 largefresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
6 clovegarlic, finely chopped
3/4 cpitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
2 Tbspitalian parsley, coarsely chopped
12 ozlinks frozen pork (or chicken) italian sausage, thawed
2 Tbspolive oil
16 ozziti pasta
12 ozjar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
3/4 csun-dried tomato pesto
3/4 cheavy cream
1/4 cshredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Sausage and Artichoke Bolognese
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Chop roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Chop olives,set aside. Chop parsley,set aside
- Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage, brown 5–6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, or until no pink remains.
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions
- Stir into sausage: garlic, peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, and pesto; cook 3–4 minutes or until heated
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream and olives; cook 2–3 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly
- Stir parsley and pepper into sausage mixture. Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle with cheese, serve