Rigatoni with Cheese and Italian Sausage
Sounded too good to forget about! Can be used as an appetizer if serving smaller portions!
- 1/2 pound
- rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 pound
- spicy italian sausage, casing removed
- garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups
- prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspo
- dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespo
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon
- chopped fresh italian parsley
- extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make Rigatoni with Cheese and Italian Sausage
- 1Cook rigatoni in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Cook sausage in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring frequently and breaking up with back of wooden spoon. Add garlic and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Drain off excess oil and return pot to medium-high heat.
- 3Stir in marinara sauce and crushed red pepper, then pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Put pasta in oven-proof dish. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan over. Place in broiler until cheese melts and begins to brown, watching closely to prevent burning, about 1 1/2 minutes. Sprinkle rigatoni with parsley, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.