Red Wine 5 Cheese Beef Ravioli
I wish you all could smell it too! The aroma in my kitchen is heavenly!
- 1- 25.0z bag of great value 5 cheese ravioli
- 1-4.25 oz can of great value chopped california black olives
- 1- 15 oz container ricotta cheese, any brand
- 1- 16oz pkg of mozzarella cheese- have powdered parmesan cheese on hand too,any brand
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp basil seasoning
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- 1-24 oz can of hunts pasta sauce in 4 cheese flavor and 1-8 oz can of hunts regular tomato sauce
- red cooking wine- i slowly poured this on the ravioli just before baking so the wine could bake in. the amount you use is up to you.
How to Make Red Wine 5 Cheese Beef Ravioli
- 1Brown your ground beef in a skillet set at medium high heat, 325 degrees and cook beef until no longer pink, drain off all the fat and set aside.
- 2Get out a big pot and add water and oil and bring to boiling, then follow pkg directions for the ravioli. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- 3Preheat the oven to 425. Get out your 9 x 13 pan and spray with non cooking spray. Open the 8oz can of tomato sauce and pour into the prepared pan and make sure the bottom is covered. Add your spices and cover the sauce with those spices.
- 4Sprinkle the spices with parmesan cheese, as much as you like. In a large bowl add the ravioli and beef and chopped olives and the big can of sauce and gently mix up very well.
- 5Now go to the 9 x 13 pan and add a small layer of the pasta mix over the powdered cheese. Add small amounts of the ricotta cheese in layers and gently, with the back of a spoon, blend it in, up and down until first layer is covered. Add more of the pasta mixture and smooth out and add your shredded mozzarella cheese. Add remaining ricotta cheese to that layer, smooth out, add remaining pasta mixture, smooth out and sprinkle more parmesan cheese on the top.
- 6Take some tin foil out and spray the non shining side with no stick spray so as the dish bakes, the cheese will not stick to the foil.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Once done, let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes, easier to cut this way.
- 8Tips*** When cooking the beef, you can add onions or the dehydrated onions and cook until onions are soft. I did not use onions this time in recipe. This dish is very filling. You can add a side salad and choose any bread of choice for a complete meal. enjoy!