1 bag(s)fresh or frozen beef ravioli
1 jar(s)sweet basil marinara sauce
1 jar(s)chunky marinara sauce
16 ozricotta cheese, part-skim
1 ozfresh basil, minced
1 cdiced bell pepper & onion (1/2 cup of each)
1 cgrated Parmesan cheese
1 bag(s)shredded cheese (Italian blend)
1 ozminced parsley (fresh)
How to Make Ravioli Casserole
- In a large pot, boil the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain and set to the side.
- In a saute pan, saute the bell pepper & onion. Add the fresh basil and the sauces. Simmer on low for 15 mins.
- While the sauce is simmering, whip the egg and mix it with the ricotta and parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 350.
- In a lasagna pan add 1/2 cup of sauce at the bottom of the pan. Layer the ravioli until it covers the pan.
- Top each ravioli with 1 teaspoon of the ricotta mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan. Top with sauce. Repeat for a second layer and top with the shredded cheese.