Queso Taco Pasta Bake
Calories:487, Total Fat:22, Sat Fat:1.4g, Pol Fat:1g, Mono Fat:4g, Chol:103mg, Sodium:493mg, Potassium:124mg, Carbs:5g, Fiber:1g,Sugars:0.3g, Protein:28g, VIT A:11%, VIT C:0%, Calcium:26%, Iron:7%
1/4 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cchicken broth
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1 pkgold el paso roasted tomato mexican cooking sauce (8 oz)
1 cfinely chopped onion
1 lblean ground beef
1 Tbspground cumin
1 csalsa (i actually forgot to add this and i didn't feel like i was missing anything)
1 lbrotini pasta
1 cshredded mexican cheese blend
How to Make Queso Taco Pasta Bake
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Beat in flour, salt and pepper with whisk until bubbly. (I added the salt and pepper to the flour with a pinch of cayenne before adding to butter). Slowly beat in broth. Increase heat to high. Cook, beating until thickened. Stir in Cheddar cheese and cooking sauce. Remove from heat; set cheese sauce aside.
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, onion and cumin over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Drain; stir in salsa.
- Drain cooked pasta; return to pasta pot. Add beef mixture and cheese sauce; stir to combine. Pour into baking dish; sprinkle evenly with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve immediately.
- MY CHANGES TO RECIPE:
I completely omitted the salsa. Instead of adding cooking sauce to cheese sauce I added it to the beef mixture