1 pkgextra wide egg noodles (16oz); cooked and drainded
1 lbground beef
1 lbbulk sausage (I use pork, can use Italian)
2 jar(s)pizza sauce (30 ounce total)
2-4 cmozzarella cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it)
1 pkgmushrooms (sliced) (optional)
1bell pepper-chopped (optional)
1small onion-chopped (optional)
·salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tspsugar (optional, I use to make sauce less acidic)
How to Make Pizza Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, brown sausage and hamburger in a pan.
- Add pepperoni the last few minutes of cooking the hamburger/sausage. Drain the grease from the meat.
- Also while noodles are cooking, saute vegetables of choice (if any) to add to casserole.
- Add pizza sauce to the meat mixture.
- Season with salt pepper and sugar.
- Add vegetables and warm for about 5 minutes.
- Toss noodles into the meat/sauce mixture.
- Spray a non-stick cooking spray into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Top with enough mozzarella cheese to cover the casserole. [The more cheese the better :-)!!]
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 (until bubbly).
- You can make this as simple or as complex as you desire. IF you go for the simpler route (noodles, hamburger, pepperoni and sauce) only need 1 jar sauce and 8 oz of noodles. If you go for the heartier version (all meats and veggies), use 2 jars sauce and 16 oz noodles.