Penne with Tomatoes and Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce
- 4 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped onion
- garlic cloves chopped
- large can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil chopped
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter at room temperature
- 8 oz
- gorgonzola cheese
- 1 lb
- penne pasta
- 1 c
- freshly grated parmigiano reggiano or grana padano cheese
How to Make Penne with Tomatoes and Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute until translucent. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and basil. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2In the meantime, beat the butter and gorgonzola cheese by hand until well blended together.
- 3Boil your pasta according to the directions. When just about tender, drain well and return to the pot. Add the gorgonzola, butter mixture to your tomato sauce. Add the drained pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the grated cheese and enjoy!!!! MANGIA BENE.