1 Tbspolive oil
1 lbitalian link sausage, cut into 1/2 in to 1 inch pieces
1sweet onion julienned (cut into 1/4 inch strips)
1green pepper julienned (cut into 1/4 inch strips)
2cloves of garlic minced
1 jar(s)chunky marinara sauce
1/2 lbpenne pasta
How to Make Penne with Sausage, peppers and onions
- Following the package directions; bring your pasta water to a boil.
- Cooking the sausage: Heat a large skillet (12 in and 3 in deep) and add olive oil. When hot add the sausage cut side down, browning each cut side. When both cut ends have been browned add 1/4 cup of water cover and steam until cooked through.
- Remove sausage from pan with a spoon leaving all the drippings in the pan. To the drippings add your onions and peppers, cook on a low heat. After 3-5 minutes add the garlic. DO NOT add it to early or you could burn the garlic and make it bitter.
- When the onions are just transparent return the sausage to the pan and add the marinara sauce. Stir, cover and keep on low heat.
- Place pasta in the boiling water. When it is done drain and stir into the sauce.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to your liking and stir into the dish. Serve.