pasta with crispy bacon, cabbage and thyme
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 14 oz
- angel hair pasta
- 8 slice
- 4 tsp
- olive oil
- leek, trimmed, washed & sliced
- 2 clove
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- 16 small
- cabbage leaves torn, or 8 large ones torn
- 1 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 4 Tbsp
- thyme, leaves fresh
How to Make pasta with crispy bacon, cabbage and thyme
- 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon under a hot broiler for 3-4 minutes or until crisp. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Heat a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, leek and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until the leek is soft. Add the stock and cabbage. Cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted and tender.
- 4To serve, toss the cabbage mixture, bacon, Parmesan and thyme through the pasta