Pasta with Cauliflower
- head of cauliflower
- tablespoon of salt
- pound of uncooked pasta (i prefer penne, but you can use whatever you like)
- cloves of garlic
- 2 ounce can of flat anchovy filets
- cup of pignoli (pine) nuts
- cup of raisins
- teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- cup of extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Pasta with Cauliflower
- 1Wash and separate the cauliflower into florets. Bring four cups of water and salt to boiling. Add cauliflower and cook for approximately ten minutes and remove to a bowl. Cook your pasta in the same water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the pasta.
- 2While your pasta is cooking, saute the garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil. Add the anchovies and stir until they melt into the oil. Add the pignoli and raisins, mix, add your reserved pasta water and the cooked cauliflower. Turn the heat off until you are ready to add the pasta.
- 3Place your pan over a low flame and add the pasta, toss well to mix the flavors.