Pam's Fresh Tomato Pasta & Italian Sausage
If you don't have fresh tomatoes used canned San Marzano tomatoes. They are the closest to fresh in flavor.
3 cdiced fresh tomatoes
1/2 cdiced onion
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tspitalian seasoning
1/3 csliced kalamata olives
1 Tbsptomato paste
1 Tbspsugar, approximate, adjust based on acidity of the tomatoes
1/2 lbvermicelli pasta or spaghetti of choice
How to Make Pam's Fresh Tomato Pasta & Italian Sausage
- Heat up your grill for the sausages. If you prefer they can be pan fried.
- Put water on to boil for the pasta and add salt.
- Put the sausages on the grill. My husband does this while I do the rest. If you need to, cook the sausage first then do the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, spices, and salt and pepper. Turn to simmer.
- While that's cooking drop your pasta in the water.
- Taste your sauce and add sugar as needed. Add olives.
- Drain pasta and reserve pasta water. Add pasta to the sauce. Add pasta water to loosen if needed.
- Serve the pasta with the sausage on the side. Pass parmesan cheese to top.