Nonnas Anchovy Spaghetti Sauce
4 clovefinely chopped garlic
1/2 largeyellow onion diced
3-4 can(s)depending how strong you prefer diced (millionnaire flat fillet anchovies in extra virgin olive oil 50g) tasting
1/2 cfinely chopped fresh parsley
pinchfreshly ground nutmeg
pinchred pepper flakes
1/4 cfinely chopped fresh basil
1 mediumcan of stewed tomatoes we like to use homemade canned tomatoes approx 14-18 ounces
1/4 cwhite wine, dry
1 1/2 Tbsptomatoe paste
·black pepper to taste
How to Make Nonnas Anchovy Spaghetti Sauce
- Finely chop onion garlic set aside.
- Finely chop parsley and basil set aside.
- Open cans of anchovies and drain oil from 2 of the tins into a 3L sauce pan. Heat on Med temperature.
- Add diced Anchovies to pot and cook 1-2 min stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking.
- Add onions and garlic letting them sweat till translucent.
- Add your tomatoe ingredients, parsley, basil, nutmeg, chili pepper, dash of pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Add 1/4 cup of wine, stir.
- Add one tablespoon of butter on top of sauce...
- Place lid on and let butter melt, stir and reduce just to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 45-1 hour.
- Pour over Cooked Spaghetti Noodles and top with fresh parmesan ENJOY!