*MY* Spaghetti Carbonara
- 1 lb
- dry spaghetti
- 1/2 lb
- pancetta, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion, chopped
- eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- plenty of ground black pepper
How to Make *MY* Spaghetti Carbonara
- 1Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add diced pancetta.
- 2When pancetta is rendered and crispy, add onion & cook until very soft but not browned - almost caramelized.
- 3Boil past until al dente. Drain. Add beaten eggs. Stir, stir, stir, stir until thoroughly incorporated & creamy. You don't want scrambled eggs - they will be cooked enough to be safe to eat.
- 4Add pancetta & onions; stir well. Add cheese; stir well. Add pepper to taste - I like a LOT; stir well.