My Loaded Lasagna
It is loaded with THREE cheeses Italian sausage and meatballs diced up within the layers of noodles!
One boxlasagna noodles, no boil
3 jar(s)your favorite pasta sauce ( we love mushroom or roasted garlic)
One lbitalian sausage cut into chunks
One lbmeatballs ( homemade if possible)
32 ozricotta cheese, part-skim
16 ozshredded mozzarella. cheese
1/4 cgrated fresh parmesan cheese
1 tspgarlic powder
1 Tbspparsley flakes
1 tspfresh black pepper
3 largeeggs / beaten
1 cgood beef stock
1 tspcrushed red pepper ( optional)
10 ozfresh sliced mushrooms ( optional)
How to Make My Loaded Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large lasagna pan ( I use foil store type)
Pour enough sauce to cover bottom of pan
- Lay lasagna noodles to cover bottom over the sauce
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese , pepper, parsley, garlic powder and pepper flakes if desired.
Mix well to make the custard.
sausage and meatballs I do this in my oven until
Slice the meat in thin slices or crumble
- Pour custard over noodles
- Place a second layer of noodles over cheese custard
- Mix beef stock with pasta sauce I do
It in the jar and just shake it well.
- Put the meat on the second layer of pasta
Pour sauce with the stock over the meat
- Now place shredded Mozzarella cheese over the cooked meats, keep
About a cup or more aside for topping
- Place a final layer of the cooked pasta over this
- Top with the rest of the sauce from jar
Then place the remaining Mozzarella cheese over the top
- Cover with the non stick type foil
- Bake about 35 minutes covered
- Remove foil
And bake until cheese is light brown on top.
- Take out and allow to cool about 20
minutes for better slicing
- Serve with a good Italian bread and a salad.
- Homemade sauce is always best.
But so many great ones premade in stores!