Mexican Stuffed Shells
It's not your typical Mexican dish either. You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like for your family. This has been a family favorite at our house for 18 years!
I'm sure you'll love it too!
1 boxlarge pasta shells
1 lbground beef
1 jar(s)18oz chunky salsa. your favorite
1 can(s)4.5oz chopped green chilies
1 can(s)8oz tomato sauce
1/4 tspred pepper flakes (optional)
1 jar(s)taco sauce
2 cshredded monterey jack cheese
·sour cream for topping
How to Make Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Boil Pasta to al dente bite. (just under done) (if the pasta boils too long the shells will be too soft and they will tear apart when you try to fill them.) Drain, toss in olive oil gently! let cool for a minute or two.
- Brown ground beef. Drain well.
To browned beef add, chunky salsa, green chilies, water, 1/2 of the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes (if desired).
Simmer 10 minutes on low.
- Spray Pam on the sides (only) of a 9x13 baking dish.
Pour the other 1/2 of tomato sauce in dish to cover bottom.
- Fill shells with about 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture.
Arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle on monterey jack cheese.
- Spray the back of foil so the cheese will not stick.
Cover dish and Bake on 350* for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream and taco sauce if desired.