☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- ground beef or taco sausage (h.e.b.grocery)
- 3 c
- (give or take) favorite enchilada sauce
- 1 pkg
- lasagna or manicotti noodles
- 4 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 can(s)
- black beans, canned, drained
- 4 Tbsp
- bacon grease, i always keep some on hand!
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- sour cream, black olives, tomatos, or your favorite topping
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- 1Brown beef or taco sausage until crumbly and remove grease. If you are just using beef, add some minced garlic to the beef. Add enchilada sauce to meat mixture, reserving a cup of it for the top.
- 2Boil the lasagna noodles.
- 3In a different skillet, add your bacon drippings, 1 Tbs garlic and the black beans. Cook the black beans and slowly mash them until they resemble refried beans. Salt and pepper the beans.
- 4Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Spray non-stick in a 9x13 baking dish, layer lasagna noodles, bean mixture, meat mixture then a layer of cheese. Repeat until pan is almost full. Noodles, reserved 1 cup of sauce then cheese should be your top layers!
- 6Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted on top. Top with a dollop of sour cream, black olives, green onions or guacamole- or your favorite salsa!