☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbroma tomatoes
2 Tbspolive oil
2 clovegarlic, crushed
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
21.5 lb. pound lobsters
1 tspmint, fresh, chopped
How to Make Lobster Diavolo
- Bring medium pot of water to boil.
- Core tomatoes and cut a shallow "x" through the skin of the non-core end of each tomato with a sharp knife.
- Working in batches, gently lower tomatoes into the boiling water for a bout 30 seconds, until the skin begins to peel away from the cuts.
- Remove the tomatoes from the water with slotted spoon until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel and then roughly chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil in a shallow, heavy saucepan and set over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes, until fragrant and softened, but not browned
- Add the chili flakes and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes and any juices, along with a few generous pinches of salt and stir through.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer gently for 2 hours, until the tomatoes have completely broken down, adding water as needed to keep the sauce from drying out.
- When sauce is ready, taste for salt and adjust as necessary. Cover and set aside.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large stockpot.
- Add the lobsters to pot and cover.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the lobsters' antennae can be easily pulled off.
- Remove lobsters from pot and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Bring large pot of generously salted water to boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook to al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Remove the lobster meat from shell. Reserve lobster meat keeping warm while finishing pasta.
- Turn the heat to medium on the sauce. Add the cooked pasta and some of the pasta water, tossing pasta and sauce together.
- Add a splash of olive oil.
- Arrange pasta on two shallow, warm bowls.
- Slice the lobster tails into 1/2 inch medallions and arrange these, along with the claw and knuckle meat, on top of spaghetti.
- Drizzle with more olive oil and sprinkle generously with mint and serve immediately.