1 lbground beef, lean
1 lbitalian sausage, bulk, spicy
1/4 cbread crumbs, seasoned
4 Tbspparmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
4 Tbspmilk, 2%
2 tspgarlic, fresh minced or powder
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspkosher salt (or regular will work)
1/2 tspcrushed red peppers (optional)
How to Make Lisa's Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13 pan well, set aside. Wash your hands- you will be using them as your mixing tool!
- In large bowl combine ground beef and sausage. Mix them together with your fingers, to blend well.
- Add spices and other ingredients and blend them in with your hands to make sure everything is mixed in well.
- Form into small meatballs (I do them about 2 inches). Place in the greased pan. They can touch but don't crowd them too much. Once you have all the meat rolled into balls, add 2 T water to the pan. Salt and pepper the meatballs again. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour. Once done, let them rest for 15-30 minutes. Remove from pan and add to your sauce or serve on the side with pasta!