Lasagne With A Pepper Kick
- 1 pkg
- 8oz lasagne noodles (uncooked)
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 lb
- hot sausage (i use neese's hot)
- 4 c
- spaghetti sauce (your own or bought.(i've use ragu, green peppers and garlic, large jar, in a time crunch. this is where the red pepper flakes go in.
- 1 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 c
- ricotta cheese(i like plenty)
- 3 c
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- large eggs
How to Make Lasagne With A Pepper Kick
- 1Brown ground chuck and sausage together. Drain
- 2Combine spaghetti sauce,brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Reserve 1 cup.
- 3Combine browned meat, spaghetti sauce, balsamic vinegar and water.
Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- 4While the sauce is simmering in another med. bowl mix together the ricotta, eggs, parmesan, salt and black pepper.
- 5Spray a 9x13 dish with Pam.
Spoon the reserved 1 cup of sauce on the bottom and layer noodles on.
Layer 1: Spoon enough beef mixture to lightly cover noodles, Layer 2: Spoon on cheese mixture to cover,
Layer 3: Sprinkle on mozzarella to cover.
Repeat starting with noodles until all ingredients are used. Normally makes about 3 layers. End with mozzarella on top. (i usually have to use another small dish) This makes a huge lasagne meal.
- 6Spray the back of a piece of aluminum foil with Pam so the cheese won't stick to it. Then cover and bake on 350* for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly in the middle . Uncover the last 10 minutes.
- 7Sometimes I make a marinara sauce for spooning over if desired:
1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped fine
1 can (14oz) diced Italian tomatoes (pureed) ,
1/2 tsp oregano,
1/2 tsp basil,
1 tsp Italian seasoning (includes, marjoram, rosemary,thyme,sage, oregano and basil)
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
simmer 10/15 minutes
Spoon over hot lasagne at the table.