HAVE MERCY MAC & CHEESE
- 1/2 lb
- elbow macaroni
- 4 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz
- monteray jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 8 oz
- velveeta cheese loaf, cubed
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- cajun seasoning, to taste
How to Make HAVE MERCY MAC & CHEESE
- 1Butter a 2 quart casserole dish; set aside.
- 2Grate cheddar and jack cheeses and mix together; set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, bring well salted water to boil; add macaroni and cook for 10 minutes; drain and rinse with hot water; return to pan, cover and set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 5In a nonstick saucepan, warm milk over medium-low heat; add cubed Velveeta cheese; stir until melted; remove from heat.
- 6Add a spoonful of the sauce to the beaten egg and mix well; add another spoonful of sauce to egg mixture and mix well.
- 7Add egg mixture to sauce mixture in pan an mix well.
- 8Pour 1/2 of the macaroni into prepared dish.
- 9Season with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning to taste.
- 10Place thin slices of 1/2 the butter over top.
- 11Sprinkle with 1/2 the shredded cheeses.
- 12Cover with 1/2 the cheese sauce.
- 13Repeat layers.
- 14Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes; lower heat to 300 degrees F and bake 5 minutes more.