HAVE MERCY MAC & CHEESE
1/2 lbelbow macaroni
4 ozsharp cheddar cheese
4 ozmonteray jack cheese
1/2 cwhole milk
8 ozvelveeta cheese loaf, cubed
1 largeegg, beaten
·salt, to taste
·ground black pepper, to taste
·cajun seasoning, to taste
How to Make HAVE MERCY MAC & CHEESE
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish; set aside.
- Grate cheddar and jack cheeses and mix together; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring well salted water to boil; add macaroni and cook for 10 minutes; drain and rinse with hot water; return to pan, cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a nonstick saucepan, warm milk over medium-low heat; add cubed Velveeta cheese; stir until melted; remove from heat.
- Add a spoonful of the sauce to the beaten egg and mix well; add another spoonful of sauce to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add egg mixture to sauce mixture in pan an mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the macaroni into prepared dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning to taste.
- Place thin slices of 1/2 the butter over top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the shredded cheeses.
- Cover with 1/2 the cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes; lower heat to 300 degrees F and bake 5 minutes more.