Fettuccine with Breadcrumbs
I was inspired by a recipe I found in "30 - Minute Cookbook"
4 1/2 Tbspfresh basil, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbspfresh parsley, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbspfresh oregano, finely chopped
1/2 cslivered almonds, rough chopped
3 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 colive oil
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Fettuccine with Breadcrumbs
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Mix together breadcrumbs and herbs.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add garlic and gently cook 1 minute.
- Add breadcrumb mixture and almonds to butter and garlic. Stir to coat. Gently saute, stirring frequently until golden, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside until pasta is done. Stir occasionally.
- Drain pasta and return to pan or place in serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat. Add breadcrumb mixture, toss to mix. Serve . Garnish with parmesan.
- Note: Homemade toasted breadcrumbs
Toast several pieces of bread (Make extra at breakfast) and allow to set out 2-3 hours so it dries out completely. Tear into pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse until desired crumb is achieved. (No need to toast the breadcrumbs in the oven, it's already toasted!)