Easy Homemade Fettucini Alfredo
How to Make Easy Homemade Fettucini Alfredo
- 1Cook the box of fettuccini on the stove in a large Dutch oven, approximately 15 minutes at a hard boil. Be sure to add salt to your water.
- 2When the fettuccini is done, reserve pasta water for sauce and drain pasta in a strainer. Return the Dutch oven to the stove with the heat on low.
- 3Add butter to the pot and make sure the butter doesn't burn. Add the pasta back to the pot and use tongs to get all of the fettuccini coated with butter.
- 4Add parmesan cheese to the pasta and continue to use the tongs to keeps the pasta coated. Add pasta water, cream, salt, and pepper. Continue to combine ingredients on low until sauce is creamy and covering pasta completely.
- 5Serve alfredo with your choice of meat and vegetable.