Crockpot Beef with Marsala Mushroom Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- beef roast (something with decent marbling)
- 1 lb
- sliced mushrooms (i used baby bellas or just regular white mushrooms)
- small bottle marsala wine (you may use cooking wine if you wish)
- 2 Tbsp
- crushed rosemary
- 4 clove
- minced garlic
- 1 large
- yellow onion, quartered
- 2 stick
- salted sweet cream butter
- medium carton heavy whipping cream
- 2 pkg
- 5-cheese tortellini
- ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Crockpot Beef with Marsala Mushroom Sauce
- 1Place roast in bottom of your crockpot. Put onion quarters on each end, and on each side.
- 2Add your garlic, and place the two sticks of butter on top of the roast. Add rosemary. Cover with mushrooms. Pour in all the marsala, then drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- 3Cook on high 8-9 hours, or until meat falls apart.
- 4TO MAKE SAUCE:
Take everything out of your crockpot except the cooking liquids. Pour those into a saucepan, and heat to medium. Meanwhile, mix some cornstarch with water, stirring until dissolved. Add to your cooking juices, stirring constantly.
- 5Sauce should be thick enough to stick to your spoon, but not thick like a gravy.
- 6Cook your 5 cheese tortellini according to package directions. Serve topped with beef and sauce, along with some soft, crusty Italian bread. :)