Creamy Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 box
- (12 oz.) large macaroni noodles or mini ziti
- 3/4 stick
- 4 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 can(s)
- cheddar cheese soup
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Creamy Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese
- 1Cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain, set aside.
- 2Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Wisk in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 3Pour milk and continue to stir with wisk until thickened. This will make a thick white sauce.
- 4Add salts and dry mustard and stir to blend seasonings.
- 5Add macaroni & cheddar cheese. Mix until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- 6If cheese sauce is too thick, add a bit more milk to thin out.
- 7Occasionally I like to add meatballs to this dish. Smoked sausage or diced ham are also good additions to this macaroni & cheese.