Creamy Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese
1 box(12 oz.) large macaroni noodles or mini ziti
4 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspseasoned salt
1/8 tspdry mustard
1 can(s)cheddar cheese soup
1 pkg(8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Creamy Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain, set aside.
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Wisk in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Pour milk and continue to stir with wisk until thickened. This will make a thick white sauce.
- Add salts and dry mustard and stir to blend seasonings.
- Add macaroni & cheddar cheese. Mix until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- If cheese sauce is too thick, add a bit more milk to thin out.
- Occasionally I like to add meatballs to this dish. Smoked sausage or diced ham are also good additions to this macaroni & cheese.