Creamy Pesto Alfredo Sauce over Fettuccine
I used fettuccine but any heavy pasta would work. The sauce is too heavy for something like angel hair.
A nice salad of greens and loaf of fresh bread would round out the meal, if you have it. I didn't, but my company still raved
1 lbfettuccine noodles, after it's cooked, save a little of the water aabout 1/4 cup although this may not be needed
1 stickbutter, cold
2 c2 cups 1/2 & 1/2
1/4 tspof both salt and pepper
1/4 tspgrated garlic. more if you love garlic
2 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese or canned if that's all you have on hand
1/4 cjared pesto
1/4 cbacon bits,
1/4 ctoasted pine nuts
2 sprig(s)fresh parsley
How to Make Creamy Pesto Alfredo Sauce over Fettuccine
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While that is coming to a boil, in a large saucepan quickly heat the garlic, enough for the aroma to escape but don't let it brown. Using the same saucepan, warm butter and 1/2 and 1/2. Bring to a low simmer. Add the grate Parmesan cheese along with the pesto until well blended and cheese melted. Turn off the heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. If the sauce seems too thin add the flour, mix in with a whisk. Pour half into a large serving bowl.Saving the other half.
- Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl with the sauce. Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan. Toss again to combine.
- Depending on how well you drained the pasta, the sauce may seem too thick at this point and could get gummy. If this happens add a little of the pasta water a tbs at a time, to thin and toss again.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and bacon bits and if you have any, a sprig or 2 of parsley. Mine had to do without the fresh parsley but it's only for presentation anyway.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!