Creamiest Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 c
- cooked macaroni
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded cheese (your choice) (sharp is best)
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard, optional 1/4 tsp.cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Creamiest Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese
- 1Start with a pan of water over high heat. Once the water is boiling add 2 cups macaroni, cook for about 2/3 of the minimum time. About 6 minutes.
- 2Combine in a medium crock pot, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 1/2 cups cheese, (I used sharp cheese, use what ever you prefer,) 4 tbsp. butter, 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper, and dry mustard and one can of cheddar cheese soup.
- 3Drain the pasta well and combine in slow cooker. Mix well. Turn on low.
- 4Stir the pot about 20 minutes into cooking when the butter is melted, mix well. Stir again several more times. Just a light stir is good.
- 5It is done when you are getting some browned cheese on the side of the pot and some light browning of some of the pasta on the edge.
About 2 hours. Keep your eye on it, you do not want to over cook. Enjoy.
I also added a small amount of cooked bacon chopped up, for flavour (optional)