- 4 slice
- bacon (i prefer uncured bacon)
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a combination, cut into chunks
- 1 pkg
- fettuccine pasta, plain or basil flavored
- 3-4 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c
- sun dried tomatoes, oil packed, chopped
- 1 pt
- grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 bunch
- baby spinach (organic is preferred) left whole or trim stems if necessary
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, extra virgin and parmesan cheese to garnish
How to Make Chicken Fettuccine
- 1Set a large pot to boil with lots of kosher salt or sea salt for the fettuccine. Cook according to package directions. Drain when done.
- 2In a skillet, fry bacon pieces until fat is rendered and they begin to crisp. Do NOT poor off the fat!
- 3Salt and pepper the chicken chunks and add to the bacon and fat and cook until no longer pink.
- 4Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes (if using) and saute 2 minutes. Be careful not to brown the garlic.
- 5Add chicken broth at this point and allow mixture to come to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and add tomato halves, stir. Add spinach and cover to allow the steam to wilt the spinach.
- 7Once wilted (it only takes a minute or 2) stir the sauce and pour over the fettuccine. Toss and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan.