☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 slicebacon (i prefer uncured bacon)
1 1/2 lbboneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a combination, cut into chunks
1 pkgfettuccine pasta, plain or basil flavored
3-4 clovegarlic, crushed
1/4 csun dried tomatoes, oil packed, chopped
1 ptgrape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 bunchbaby spinach (organic is preferred) left whole or trim stems if necessary
1 1/2 cchicken broth
·salt and pepper
·olive oil, extra virgin and parmesan cheese to garnish
How to Make Chicken Fettuccine
- Set a large pot to boil with lots of kosher salt or sea salt for the fettuccine. Cook according to package directions. Drain when done.
- In a skillet, fry bacon pieces until fat is rendered and they begin to crisp. Do NOT poor off the fat!
- Salt and pepper the chicken chunks and add to the bacon and fat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes (if using) and saute 2 minutes. Be careful not to brown the garlic.
- Add chicken broth at this point and allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add tomato halves, stir. Add spinach and cover to allow the steam to wilt the spinach.
- Once wilted (it only takes a minute or 2) stir the sauce and pour over the fettuccine. Toss and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan.