Cheesy Hamburger Pasta
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 small
- onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- salsa, (i use my own homemade salsa but you can use your favorite brand)
- 8 oz
- shredded colby/jack cheese (or cheddar cheese if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- small shell or elbow pasta, uncooked
- 2 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cheesy Hamburger Pasta
- 1Brown the ground beef and onion; drain off excess grease if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Add the garlic and salsa, stir to combine.
- 3Add the water, pasta and butter; stir to combine. Cover and let cook on medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is aldente (cooked but not soft or mushy). Stir occasionally to keep pasta from sticking or burning.
- 4Remove cover, add cheese and stir to combine. If the cheese is too thick, add a little more water or milk so it will be thick but creamy.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve with your favorite fresh salad and hot bread.