Cheesy Hamburger Pasta
1 lbground beef
1/2 smallonion, finely diced
1 tspgarlic, minced
1/2 csalsa, (i use my own homemade salsa but you can use your favorite brand)
8 ozshredded colby/jack cheese (or cheddar cheese if you prefer)
2 csmall shell or elbow pasta, uncooked
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cheesy Hamburger Pasta
- Brown the ground beef and onion; drain off excess grease if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and salsa, stir to combine.
- Add the water, pasta and butter; stir to combine. Cover and let cook on medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is aldente (cooked but not soft or mushy). Stir occasionally to keep pasta from sticking or burning.
- Remove cover, add cheese and stir to combine. If the cheese is too thick, add a little more water or milk so it will be thick but creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite fresh salad and hot bread.