Beefy Cheesy Mac
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbelbow macaroni
1/2 to 1 lblean hamburger
1 mediumspanish onion, chopped medium (optional)
2 to 3 clovecrushed garlic
1 can(s)1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with juice
1 can(s)1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell's cheddar cheese soup
2 to 4 cgrated cheddar cheese, or slices to cover top of casserole
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Beefy Cheesy Mac
- This recipe can be made vegetarian, leave out the hamburger and add 2 cups of fresh mixed vegetables,i.e. broccoli, mushrooms,spinach, carrots, etc.
- Cook elbow macaroni "Al dente",according to instructions on box,drain, add to large casserole.
- Fry hamburger with onion and garlic until no longer pink, drain any fat through colander, add drained mixture to casserole.
- Add cheese soup, no water, and tomatoes with juice to casserole.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly to evenly distribute ingredients through out casserole.
- Spread grated or sliced cheddar evenly over top of casserole.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or util bubbling around edges of casserole and cheese topping is melted and slightly browned.
- If making ahead of time, add 5 to 10 minutes to cooking time to heat refrigerated casserole completely through. Watch that cheese does not over brown. I leave foil on for the first 20 minutes of cooking time if I have made this a day or two before cooking. Then I remove foil for the last 20 minutes.