Beefy Cheesy Mac
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- elbow macaroni
- 1/2 to 1 lb
- lean hamburger
- 1 medium
- spanish onion, chopped medium (optional)
- 2 to 3 clove
- crushed garlic
- 1 can(s)
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with juice
- 1 can(s)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 2 to 4 c
- grated cheddar cheese, or slices to cover top of casserole
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Beefy Cheesy Mac
- 1This recipe can be made vegetarian, leave out the hamburger and add 2 cups of fresh mixed vegetables,i.e. broccoli, mushrooms,spinach, carrots, etc.
- 2Cook elbow macaroni "Al dente",according to instructions on box,drain, add to large casserole.
- 3Fry hamburger with onion and garlic until no longer pink, drain any fat through colander, add drained mixture to casserole.
- 4Add cheese soup, no water, and tomatoes with juice to casserole.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly to evenly distribute ingredients through out casserole.
- 6Spread grated or sliced cheddar evenly over top of casserole.
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees, bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or util bubbling around edges of casserole and cheese topping is melted and slightly browned.
- 8If making ahead of time, add 5 to 10 minutes to cooking time to heat refrigerated casserole completely through. Watch that cheese does not over brown. I leave foil on for the first 20 minutes of cooking time if I have made this a day or two before cooking. Then I remove foil for the last 20 minutes.