Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- 1 1/2 lb
- beef sirloin steak, sliced 1/4-1/2" thick
- 8 oz
- fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium
- onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- beef broth
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 4 c
- egg noodles or other pasta, cooked
How to Make Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions, just until al dente.
- 3Mix together the sour cream & the soup. Set aside.
- 4Using 1/3 of the butter, saute the mushrooms & onions in a saute pan.
- 5Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon to large baking dish, to leave the juices in the pan.
- 6Saute the meat in another 1/3 of the butter & juices, with the Worcestershire sauce until just beginning to brown on the outside. Do not cook till well done, it will finish cooking in the oven. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon to the baking dish.
- 7With the remaining 1/3 of the butter in the pan, whisk in the flour to make a rue.
- 8In the baking dish, add the rue, beef broth, pasta, & soup mixture. Stir well.
- 9Bake for about 20 mins or so, just until the top begins to brown. Let sit to thicken for 5 mins. Serve.