Beef Ragu with Penne Pasta
This quick little meal has got me through when I didn't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Serve with garlic french bread and a green salad and you're ready to go.
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 can(s)
- (28-ozs each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp
- 1 pkg
- (16-oz) penne pasta
- 1/4 c
- finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Beef Ragu with Penne Pasta
- 1Place onion in a 5 quart slow cooker. Crumble ground beef over onion, and add tomatoes. Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH. Break up any large pieces of beef with a wooden spoon. Add salt. Remove half of sauce, and reserve for another use; keep remaining sauce warm in slow cooker.
- 2Cook pasta, stirring often. Drain and transfer to 4 shallow bowls. Spoon meat sauce over each portion of pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese, basil, and freshly ground pepper.