Asparagus and Pasta with Pecans
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and divided
- garnish with freshly shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Asparagus and Pasta with Pecans
- 1Prepare pasta according to package direction; drain.
- 2Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and slice into 2-inch pieces. Sauté the asparagus in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat; 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in red bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 2-3 minutes. (Add in the chicken or shrimp, if desired). Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 5Toss together pasta, asparagus mixture, basil, 1/2 cup cheese, butter and 1/2 cup pecans. Heat mixture thoroughly for a minute or two.
- 6Serve on individual plates; and garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 1/2 cup pecans.