Angel Hair Pasta With Roasted Garlic
3 largeheads garlic, unpeeled
1/4 cdijon mustard
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/8 tspblack pepper
1 czucchini, julienne slices
1 csliced buttom mushrooms
1 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumtomato, chopped
8 ozanger hair pasta, cooked and drained
How to Make Angel Hair Pasta With Roasted Garlic
- Lightly spray each head of garlic with cooking spray. Wrap each garlic head separately in foil. Place garlic in a small baking pan. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Separate garlic cloves. Squeeze cloves to extract the pulp; discard peels.
- Place garlic pulp, mustard, lemon juice and pepper in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until pureed; set aside. (I have also done this by hand once while we were in the process of moving and I couldn't find my food processor, and it worked just fine. It's tedious, but it does work out OK.).
- Cook and stir zucchini and mushrooms in hot oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender-crisp. Add the pureed garlic mixture, water and tomato; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with hot cooked pasta, and serve while still warm.